“Back to School with Principle!” Jennifer Gates, Youth and Family Ministry Director
“If you keep an open mind and an open heart, you will be able to find the good among the bad. And no matter who you are, you will one day be able to find the God within yourself.” – Kiana S, UniTeen
In Youth Ministry, as well as in the larger Unity CommUNITY, one of the most beautiful lessons we learn is that the Truth of who we are and the Principles we base our lessons upon can and should be used in our daily lives. Once described as the church of “practical Christianity”, Unity gives us concrete wisdom and a blueprint to integrate our church selves with our daily lives in the world.
What better real life event for our children and teens to practice their principles than returning to school?! During the month of August, we will be wrapping up our summer study of the 5 Principles by focusing on ways we can take our principles back to school! On Sunday, July 29, our entire church community was blessed by the words of several YM teens – these talks will be the basis of our August study in youth ministry. This week’s lesson will draw upon the words of our UniTeen speaker, Kiana, who shared her insights about Principle One.
We are excited about the future for all of our children and teens – a future made brighter as they each shine their lights in the world!
The Five Basic Unity Principles (Youth Version)
- God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
- I am naturally good because God’s Divinity is in me and in everyone.
- I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
- Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
- I do and give my best by living the Truth that I know. I make a difference!