Unity Church of San Antonio (UCSA) at Haven for Hope
Haven for Hope’s mission is, “to offer a place of hope and new beginnings.” They do this by providing a large system of care for people facing homelessness in Bexar County. They serve 1,700 people daily on their 22 acre campus. They provide an emergency shelter that serves 700 people daily with hot meals, a shower, a safe place to sleep, and laundry services.
Also, their Transformational Campus services include:
- Short term housing
- Mental health and substance abuse treatment
- Employment services
- Life skills training
- Legal services
- Child care
- Education services
- An animal kennel
UCSA has recently become engaged in Sacred Service at Haven for Hope on a monthly basis. Our CommUNITY provides education about Unity as an option for spiritual enrichment once the individuals at Haven complete their program.
We also provide:
- A copy of the Daily Word and Getting Through the Hard Times (generously donated by Unity Headquarters and pictured above)
- Awareness that prayer support is available to them 24/7 via Silent Unity
- An opportunity to submit prayer requests on a prayer intention card
- An overview of the Five Unity Principles
- Information about Recovering in Unity
- Other supportive and uplifting Unity publications
UCSA also provides a personal share from an RIU (Recovering in Unity) member about how Unity has supported them on their journey.
Through this outreach, we live our core value of community, actively participating in activities that support the good of the community!
Welcoming is one of our core values at Unity Church of San Antonio. As we continue to affirm the presence of all people, know that we may see some new faces on campus. Don’t hesitate to introduce yourself and offer to walk them over to the CommUNITY Center.
If you have questions about this outreach, or want to support this outreach, please contact us.