We Support and Guide Those Who Want To Reach Out!
VISION: We are one community, envisioning an expanded consciousness, connecting people.
MISSION: In support of UCSA’s core values, the Community Connections Team provides guidance and support for our congregants in community outreach projects and activities. We want to make tangible connections between UCSA and the greater community.
The team will serve as a focal point for community outreach. The team will (as needed/as appropriate):
- Update congregants on UCSA projects and how they can get involved
- Provide guidance on organizing projects
- Recommend processes for conducting projects
- Provide support on communicating the project for rallying support (internal) and advertising the project (external)
- Document outreach projects on behalf of UCSA
The team will consist of 3-5 UCSA congregants and a Board liaison.
The 2019 team is:
Robin Tefft, Mary Tisdale, Katie Gwaltney, Cori Ferraro, Melissa Simpson, Donna Burkholder
We are excited about this opportunity to put into action our Core Values through our Time, Talent or Treasure. All are welcome and warmly invited to this joyous endeavor by sharing with us your ideas for community outreach. Contact us, click here, or by reaching out to any member of the team. We really want to hear from you!
The Community Connections Team Supports World Refugee Day, June 20, 2019
Recommended Outreach: Center for Refugee Services 8703 Wurzbach Suite A-1
Did you know? Refugees are people who have been forced to leave their own country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution.
The Center for Refugee Services is the only registered, independent non-profit agency that works exclusively to promote the successful community integration of legally resettled refugees. Since 2010 over 10,000 individuals have resettled in San Antonio as permanent residents.
Community Support is Vital to Refugee Success:
Resettled Refugees contribute to the enrichment of San Antonio. Many people find employment within months of resettlement and become taxpayers, dependable employees, and reliable neighbors who contribute positively to the diversity of our community.
The UCSA (Unity Church of San Antonio ) community can demonstrate our core values of Welcoming, Transforming, Empowering, Community and Love by supporting the Center for Refugee Services with donations of gently used furniture, household items, or cash donations.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Donations of Items needed:
- Furniture will be picked up by volunteers for immediate delivery to families. Especially needed are rugs, bedroom furniture, mattresses.
- Household goods: kitchen utensils and dinnerware, pots & pans, sheets, blankets
- Hygiene products: toilet paper, diapers, baby wipes, laundry soap
- Donations of time:
- Sewing instructors
- Furniture pick up & delivery
- Office help
- Technical support for electronics
Learn more at their website www.sarefugees.org or call them at 210-949-0062