Unity of San Antonio Sunday Service returns to in-person celebrations this Sunday, May 2nd, and we want to share the safety plan Unity of San Antonio put in place to protect staff and congregants. Everyone is anxious to attend service in person again, but for your safety and ours, use common sense. If you’re not feeling well, or showing COVID symptoms, please stay home and watch the service online. The Youth Ministry Program is not active at this time, so families will remain together in the Sanctuary during service.
Unity of San Antonio has an overflow room available in the Community Center to watch the service live online if there are too many people in the Sanctuary. This is not an opportunity for socializing, but a place to watch the service in safety. If you do not have a face mask, one will be provided to you for safety.
Finally, we want to let you know there is no in-person Social Hour until further notice. We continue to provide a space for our Unity Community to spend time together online via Zoom. Please join us for our face-to-face virtual Social Hour at 12:30 PM every Sunday. Get to know your Unity friends and deepen your spiritual understanding of the day’s topic as you enjoy the lively and uplifting conversation!
You can find Sunday Social Hour on Zoom by clicking this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88495310818?pwd=eHBVZXVZY2lsVHlJQjJhcStXbWQxdz09
The Unity of San Antonio sanctuary safety plan includes:
- Encourage at-risk population to watch service on Facebook Live
- Anyone with Covid-19 symptoms should avoid in-person services
- Anyone who has not been fully vaccinated should avoid in-person services if they have been exposed to Covid-19 within the past two weeks
- Face coverings will be required at all times (except for speakers while speaking or musicians while singing)
Ensure social distancing:
- Remove every other row of chairs
- Put signs on chairs to keep two seats between members of different households
- The row nearest to the platform will be reserved for the minister, the celebration host, and the musicians
- Offer comfort room for anyone more concerned about safety
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each entrance
- Clorox wipes will be available for wiping down high-touch surfaces
- Seatback pockets will contain only pens, contribution envelopes, and Kleenex
- Contribution baskets will be placed near the exits for offerings as congregants leave the sanctuary
- Ushers will collect the contributions after congregants leave
- No social time in the Community Center until conditions improve
- Congregants may socialize outside the sanctuary, but social distancing is recommended