Considering Membership at UCSA?
New members are always welcome. Perhaps you are new to Unity or UCSA and wish to join our church soon; perhaps you have been attending for some time and now are ready to participate in all that is available for you as a member. In either case, if this commitment is from your heart, the invitation is extended to you to walk the spiritual journey as a member of our commUNITY.
- Members are attracted to who we are at UCSA: “We are God’s light opening our hearts transforming our lives, and celebrating the divine identity of all.”
- Members make the difference here, by your presence, by your participation, and by your financial contribution to the vision we are unfolding.
- Members receive direct spiritual support from a lay chaplain who contacts you every month to offer prayerful words of truth for everything happening in your life.
- Members elect leaders; authorize by-laws, mission statement, and other guiding documents; and are directly involved in shaping the future of this ministry.
- Members value the gifts of spiritual community: inspirational ritual, personal caring, supportive hand-holding, collaborative learning, gentle transformation, open-hearted sharing—in short, we uphold your highest intentions, your deepest desires, and your divine identity.
We ask you to qualitfy for membership by
a) attending Sunday Services for a minimum of three months;
b) attending a scheduled UCSA membership orientation class;
c) completing a Unity education course offered at UCSA.
d) completing three hours of service within the UCSA community.
Membership application forms are available upon request. Completed forms may be delivered to the church office. If you would like assistance in being placed into a service team, please let us know and we will connect you with a team leader of your choice.
When you have completed the pre-requisites, your name will be submitted to UCSA Board of Trustees who will ratify your new membership. You will be welcomed into membership during a scheduled New Member Ceremony at an upcoming Sunday Celebration Service.
What a sacred privilege we have to support one another’s spiritual life in community. Consider the value of UCSA membership for your spiritual life.
The Introduction to Unity Course is offered three or four times a year at UCSA. Contact the office or see the homepage announcements about the next class coming up. This class is followed by a Membership Orientation class in which you decide if you wish to become a member. If so, you will be welcomed as a member at a New Member Ceremony during the 11:00 am service.
Print an application membership form here.